Thursday, August 8, 2013

Trysunda a.k.a Tvättsunda

Trysunda was our first Höga Kusten island. As discussed earlier the crew was super-impressed when arrived in the archipelago so few more pics on the entry. Trysunda is very popular and as we arrived we were lucky to find a slot for our vessel. Fortunately couple of friendly sailors created room for us in between their vessels. Our boat was literally squeezed in between the two boats - this is not something the crew is used to but they are better to get used to as we are proceeding to the south with more boat population. But it went well!

The reason I propose the other name for Trysunda (tvättä = wash) is that I got an unplanned and unwanted contact with the water. I was enjoying on the swimming ladder in the aft of the boat. This is something that I do every now and then but after this incident I am not sure anymore... Anyway I had my harness on and it was connected to the leash I had the captain on. A small ferry connecting the islands arrived and created a wave that got my back end to the water. I was horrified and in two seconds I rushed to the safe of the vessel down below. However, after I had my fur good to go (the first mate helped with a towel and comb) I needed to make sure it was safe to return to the deck: I went to sit on the captain's lap and he wrapped me in a warm wool blanket. I half an hour I was confident that it is safe to stay on the deck again and the ferries coming and going are harmless to our vessel and the crew including myself. The first mate got very worried, though: What if I get traumatized? If I got physical damage? If the nail marks in the captain's arms get infected? So far it seems that all these worries were in vain.

As I took my daily time for rest the crew hiked on the island and found lovely beaches, magical forests and incredible views. There is a lot to post when the summer is over and the dark and rainy fall has taken over.

The next stop was a city one in Örnsköldsvik. I will tell about it in an upcoming post.







The ferry...

No comments:

Post a Comment