Sunday, August 25, 2013

Öregrund Action Day

In Öregrund, after several long days of sailing, my and my crew's activity levels were totally different. The crew wanted to rest, recover and do some clean up and me, I was just full of energy. 

This marina was perfect match for the both needs: The facilities like laundry were excellent and there were a lot of good krogs for crew feeding. I will give a tip later. And for me there was a lot of action ongoing. Well, of course the birds, a lot of boats coming and going, the normal stuff a good marina has.

 In addition there was fishing. Oh, this was so exciting and new for me. Locals were pulling out masses of huge perches from the marina pool. This was really entertaining to me. And of course I enjoyed the fishers admiring me: En jättesöt kissekatt... Also there was a colleague in an other boat: He was in senior position and thus work also on the pier on his own. 

I added some pics below, some snapshots on the very active day.

Our next stop was Grisslehamn, coming up tomorrow.

What happens on the pier?

The kids pull out large fish from the water... So this is fishing!

I really had to have a short nap in the cockpit. But only short one.

A colleague.

One needs to concentrate well when working on the deck.


No comments:

Post a Comment