Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Summer Vacation 2012 - Destination Iin Röyttä

This harbor I had heard about a lot during the winter. My crew has spent there countless number of weekends and it sounds that it is really important place for them. I looked forward seeing it. 

I contemplated my observations on my crew and concluded: The culmination of Röyttä for my crew is here: the swimming ladder. My crew is into swimming. I do not plan to swim even I liked to play with water in my lair on land when I was younger.


We stayed in Röyttä both on our way to north and on our way back to Oulu. 

The first visit was about waiting for the weather window. The captain checked weather forecast data every second hour. I did not feel like going outside. The first mate was concerned about the waves. You can see in this pic how foam lines form on the water - it means that sailing would not be suitable for a sea feline in his first season.


  The clouds really looked scary.


Still they were beautiful in the sunset.


Next morning it was nice and we could continue in tailwind. I started to suspect that sailing is lot about waiting for the weather and I got to notice that I was right.



On our way back to Oulu we relaxed more. I of course had to take care of my responsibilities: I took the captain for a walk on the dock, he is the person on leash. Some technical checks were on agenda too.






Then I wanted to have some time to myself and my day time nap. I sent my crew to get some exercise on the island. They had photographed some flora on the beaches.






I think I will approve Röyttä weekend plans my crew may propose in future.

For more info on Röyttä: http://venenetti.fi/satamat/perameri/ryoskarinkalla-iin-roytta/1927-iin-roytta/iin-roytta.

No comments:

Post a Comment