Thursday, August 9, 2012

Winning the windmills (at Port of Puotikari)

One day we had to taken off very early as the wind started to raise and we had to leave our anchoring position on an island close to Kemi. Our Plan B destination in case of sudden weather change was Puotikari where these pics are from.

The weather looked threathening and we could hear thunder in the distance... 


There was fog in the air. Still I had to go ahead with my routine check on the deck. I entered the cockpit, took the first glance around and froze in to that position... In the fog there was one of those...


Fortunately it was only one, and then I suddenly realized that when they come in ones they can be managed. I continued my deck walk-around, in confidence.  

(Later when I calmed down for my nap I contemplated this incident and took a conclusion: Whatever seems impossible or too large to handle just take one thing at a time, concentrate, and before you notice you have the giant won.)

But there were other worries in this marina: the handsome dog. I was little bit worried about the situation because the first mate showed a lot of interest in him, even rubbed his shoulders thoroughly. I think only I deserve that kind of interest.



Later I extended my walk to the dock. And checked the other boats. This one looks really fast...


... and this one looked very utilitarian and powerful...


I wanted to get more familiar into its features but the first mate did not allow me further that this. Maybe she was worried that I would like to enlist to this boat's crew...


No comments:

Post a Comment