Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Kesäloma 2012 Destinations - Varjakansaari

This post is the first part of my new production: our summer vacation destinations. 

The first destination was very familiar for me, Varjakansaari, that I had visited with my crew quite many times already. Our journey started quite late in the evening and it was cloudy. My crew was tired on running around to prepare the vessel for travel and did not have enough energy to entertain me.


 

So in the morning, with all the energy I had in reserve, I immediately climbed up to check the environment. It was sunny and there was some interesting activity: There is a little manual ferry for transport between Varjakka island and Varjakka marina.   



As said it was nice and sunny and my crew did, one at the time, something I was appalled: They went to the water and moved around in it! It is called swimming - I was horrified that only their heads were visible! I can tell you that this was frequent action during the journey and I had to got used to it. 

In this picture the situation is luckily over, only the captains swimming pants left drying on the railing are disturbing my view and reminding about this incident.



My crew asked me to add this link, information about this destination in Finnish: http://venenetti.fi/satamat/perameri/kropsu-polla/1910-varjakansaari/varjakansaari

No comments:

Post a Comment