Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Concept of Kesäloma, the Summer Vacation - Observations


My blogging activity has been lately limited due to data transceiving capabilities of the vessel. I expected to be connected during the voyage. Naturally, I have filed improvement request to the captain on the issue.

In today's post my purpose is to reflect the kesäloma spent so far and give my insight on successful and relaxing day of summer holiday. I also have observed my crew's preferences and will compare those with mine.

For my perfect summer vacation day on board following are the incredients:

  • My crew attends my needs without limitations between 6.00 - 12.00 and 20.00 - 00.00. For the rest of the time crew keeps quiet for my good sleep. 
  • My crew provides me with unlimited access for walkarounds on the deck and provides me with more rigorous excersise down below f.e. running with cat laser.
  • The views are changing but not too much. This is best achieved in anchoring in lovely natural harbor. If sailing happens before the anchoring the boat stays in upright position without sudden movements.
  • There are several types of birds for observations. Both the swimming ones and tree dwellers.
  • Insects are available in unlimited amounts for hunting and eating. The medium size paarma is the most enjoyable with its moderate hunting challenge and excellent texture and taste.
  • The water depth and clarity are suitable for observing the fish.


For my crew's perfect summer vacation day the incredients are based on my observations:

  • Daily routine does not exist. The activity may start anytime between 4.00 or 12.00. 
  • The crew likes to minimize its movements, to stay in the cockpit and just bath in the sun with random dips to refreshing water. Also, seemingly useless activity of toying around with the dinghy gets them exited. 
  • The views are changing. This is best achieved by sailing at 5.0 - 6.0 knots as much as possible and anchoring in lovely natural harbors for the nigth. 
  • There are several types of birds for observations. Both the swimming ones and tree dwellers.
  • Insects are not available.
  • The water depth and clarity are suitable for swimming. (I am lucky to have more sophisticated maintence system for my personal hygieny.) And for solid anchoring to stay calm.


As and example of suitable location for the optimal summer holiday day I add pics of Huvön in Kalix archipelago. (I can tell you that my crew was exited about this destination and my guess is they will ask me to allow more posts about it.)








No comments:

Post a Comment