Friday, August 2, 2013

Arrivederci Tankar!


Returning to the start of our trip, starting from the very beginning...

Earlier we had said goodbye to Mustakari and felt nostalgic already as we really liked staying the three weeks there. The marina was very welcoming and friendly, I got a lot of complements and admiration (I will return to this matter later) and who would not enjoy being encircled by such a beautiful and well maintained vessels! Also I would like to add that I enjoyed those quiet moments when the crew had their lunch at the restaurant - they say the food was excellent and I say that it was exactly when I like to have my nap and prefer some time for solitude.

The crew was quite tired when arriving at Tankar. The captain had done the big dry ingredients grocery shopping for the journey and had installed the last minute installations. The first mate - how inconsiderate of her - got sick on her last day at her daily-non-sea-activity before the vacation and could not eat and mostly slept the day. However she had enough energy to greet the wise old lighthouse and consult him for upcoming sailing and the upcoming winter.

As we aim to south we do not expect to see him for some time. Goodbye for now, the old wise lighthouse!

Upcoming next: Tankar to Valassaaret, a long day...




No comments:

Post a Comment