Friday, October 19, 2012

The longest leg of the season

I had a mission. The vessel had to be moved from our home marina to the winterization site. This was a challenge. This was in towards the end of the August. The approaching fall means frequent and heavy winds. Finding a suitable slot is not easy. I checked weather forecast from all the available sources, frequently. To get all the facts. With all the available data I made decision: This is the weekend. I ordered my crew to skip their daily hunting and gathering routine on Friday. They did. We woke up before sunrise. Execute! The travel commenced - the first and the longest leg of our Oulu-Kokkola journey started.  

The night before we spent in Varjakka. This is 5.30 am.

We headed towards west. The sun rose and started to catch us from east.

Hailuoto ferry bathed in the morning sun.

This beacon serves seagoing on Hailuoto coast route.

We leave Marjaniemi behind us - we are at sea!

After 12 hours our destination is visible in the horizon.

Approaching Maakalla.

Moored. Time to wake up for me!

I love new islands.

I am full of energy after all the sleep. 

Night falls on Maakalla.

No comments:

Post a Comment