Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Monitoring work on the deck - Closing the season

I have received a request from a reader that I should post more pics of myself. Well, this kind of requests are naturally understandable. Here you are!

In this post I will show how I was comfortably rolled up and in deep sleep once the captain started to work on the deck to get sails down from the mast as part of winter preparation routine.

I always monitor the sound scene in, on and around the vessel. Even when I am sleeping. I pay attention specially on any noises that are not part of the regular repertoire as they may indicate problems - this is what all the sea cats in duty do.

The sail removal sounds were unknown for me as this is my first season. This series of pictures show how fast I detect, analyze and react if needed. And even stretch in the process ;-)





No comments:

Post a Comment