Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Trekking at Kummelskär - Ticking experience

Back to Kummelskär... We had to leave prematurely due to the weather forecast but I still managed to do a small exploration on a nice trail. The first mate got very nostalgic as we discovered a field of   Pyrolas, the same ones that grew in a forest in which the first mate used to play with her sister and brother. 

After returning to the vessel three ticks were located on my facial hair on their way to my ears. This is worth mentioning as after all this years studying islands this was the first time to see ticks. Once before I have visited my doctor to have one removed from my ear lobe. 

However, this location is highly recommendable to visit. It is one of the Unesco world heritage locations, belonging to the larger Kvarken area.





No comments:

Post a Comment