Saturday, July 4, 2015

Too hot


Last days the temperature has been almost tropical at around 30C. This is simply too hot for myself and for the crew. The high temperature impacts both sailing and the time in between.

The crew sailing performance decreases. It seems that their cognitive capacity is going down and they cannot sail for so long hours as they would do in cooler weather. The first mate is more vocal about this. She complains the skin becomes sweaty and itchy. And getting headache. And not being able to cook since it is so hot. And thus getting into nutritional unbalance. My thinking is that they probably do not drink enough water. I do not like to drink water either.

Also the heat causes problems in between the sailings. My summer coat does not make difference in this temperature and I need to find shadowy places and I prefer to stay down below. Only after 9 pm I could come to deck, relax on the hatch and enjoy the Sun, see the pic. The crew tried to cool themselves by going down to water from the boat aft, but this is the thing they do even in cooler weather too.

No comments:

Post a Comment