Saturday, December 20, 2014

Balancing and landing on my feet



I have been super busy since closing the sailing season for the year - I had to balance with all my responsibilities, preparing for the upcoming season at the sea and last but not least starting a bit like a new career too.

The vessel is hibernating in Kalmar like it did last Winter. Oh Kalmar, I could say our another home town, we miss you and wait for the summer to see you again.

In September after setting the vessel ready for the boat hangar the captain got flu. He recovered almost completely but then suddenly he got pneumonia. My advice for you is not to have your crew to get pneumonia but manage them to take care regular flus diligently. The recovery took 4 weeks for him, included several lab and doctor visits and I can tell you I have never heard that kind of coughing. For me this was busy time as I loyally attended him during his sickness and looked after his recovery. And his couching on the sofa. I do not have to refer any research as I know my capabilities but the first mate often talks about the studies indicating that a cat's presence for example decreases human's blood pressure. I personally think that my presence accelerates healing when a crew member is sick.  

In October the first mate kicked off her travel month - for four weeks she was out on her voyages and only visited my lair on land during the weekends. I have to say that I was a bit upset about this ignorance - not staying at home for me but traveling that much. However I noticed that she was tired but very inspired as she had chance to visit new countries and cities. For me this of course meant that I managed the household and attended the captain and looked after him - again very busy month.

In November I have started in a new job, in winter business. Mountain cat, that is my new wintery duty. And about this I will tell about in my upcoming posts...


No comments:

Post a Comment