Saturday, December 8, 2012

Top 3 moments of the last summer - My No 2

Today I will announce my first runner-up. The September weekend visits to Tankar! The island of the old wise lighthouse, lovely protective harbor pool, pittoresque old fisherman's outpost cottages serving today's generations as summer houses and first of all, the lovely selection of birds! I could stay hours and hours outside in the cock-pit and just enjoy the fresh air. And the birds, it just  got better and better as summer turned to autumn, the swallows were few and finishing their business before commencing their migration, wagtails were as perky as only they can, my favorite winter bird Parus Major had started to move from the forests closer to the habited grounds. And the geese, Branta leucopsis, they were not in hurry but just browsing and hogging the grass! I was only watching tough...













No comments:

Post a Comment