Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Top 3 moments of last Summer - Crew's No 3

Here comes the post series on highlights of my Summer - I will let my crew to announce their Number 3 first. In couple of days I will post my personal Number 3.

In the crew's selection the second runner up is the sunset sailing from Vatunginnokka to Kemi. This was really the first serious sailing on our vacation as we had to wait for the weather window in all the marinas we stopped in the beginning of our vacation sailing. There was enough wind left, and we tacked with a good speed. Towards the sunset. That was just exactly what we needed after hanging around in marinas for good number of days. Brisk wind. Bright skies. Last but not least the feeling of freedom and independency that progression with the wind can give.

Returning to the concept of sailing to the sunset. That has great symbolic value to my crew. What that value is I have not yet figured out but if it is important to them I can manage with it.






No comments:

Post a Comment