Tuesday, November 6, 2012

My thoughts on work, Part 1/5 Initiation


I am now ready to publish my first production on Feline Philosophy. In this series I would  like to provide you with insights on work. As a case I use my rather typical task, working on a playtrack. I got my playtrack delivered to my lair on land in May so I am not an expert yet but I feel that I have now enough experience to discuss the basics. In case you are not a practitioner I explain the idea of the playtrack: it is a curvaceous track that is covered by see-trough cover with long openings to it. There is a ball in the groove and the purpose is to play with the ball through the openings.

To summarize, there are two approaches to a set on the playtrack:
  1. Aggressive approach with lot of movement, noise and show-off but less accuracy (recommendable at 4.30 am when waking up with all the energy and the crew sleeps and sleeps)
  2. Elegant approach with little movement but diamond hard concentration with exact results
In this series I concentrate the second one, and describe five phases that I have identified to be necessary in a successful set of playtracking. Today I start with the first phase, initiation, and then one at the time I post rest four of them. I hope you enjoy about this production!

o o o o o 








First, initiation. Select a good position on the playtrack. Ground yourself by relaxing your body, paying attention to the breathing and focusing your mind. Think about what kind of set you would like to perform today: Duration, any specific ideas you would like to try, other key requirements you may have in mind. If you belong to a gregarious species, like my crew does, you should consult your with team mates about the requirements. If you are an individual hunter/sailor like me, you just consult with yourself.

Initiation. Position yourself.

Initiation. See the concentration in my eyes.

Next part is planning. Talk to you about that in couple of days!


No comments:

Post a Comment