Thursday, July 9, 2015

My first overnight sailing

Leaving Kalmar was very emotional. At the same time we felt already nostalgic but we also felt excited about the new adventures and returning to Höga Kusten that impressed us two years ago on our way to the South. We were eager to get started and as the weather, wind and everything was perfect we decided not to stop at Borgholm but continue over night. That become a 100 nm sailing.

The night was very beautiful and quiet. The moon was full reflecting from the sea surface. It was special to be able to see both sunset and sunrise. We saw one sail boat, one tanker and two planes and that was all the traffic for the night. The crew slept one at a time, the other one sailing and I attended the sleeper down below. 

There was an other first time too: I never come to the cockpit when we sail but I rather sleep down below. This time the sailing was so smooth that I wanted to come to the deck. The crew was very worried about my safety and carefully attended my little exploration.

Goodbye Blå Jungfru!








No comments:

Post a Comment