Monday, June 10, 2013

Birdie birdie busy busy...

Last week our subarctic Oulu was hit by a heat wave. Change from the refreshing sea winds was not a pleasant experience especially as I haven't totally changed to my summer coat yet. It was so hot I did not feel like writing my posts at all. Now we have reached more pleasant Summer weather and I believe we are soon back to the normal summery weather pattern of rainy 10C ;-)

As I missed my posts last week I have catch up and start from the previous weekend.

I was busy, really busy. Seagulls, oystercatchers (no oysters growing up here that the first mate considers as a disadvantage), terns, goosanders, sandpipers, mallards were everywhere, 24/7, especially during the nights... I can tell you I mostly slept the two days after returning to out lair on land.

In addition to my bird business the weekend was similar to the boat preparation weekend sessions last year. The captain installs, installs and installs. He gets very exited about installing new equipment. The first mate arranges, organizes and manages equipment and other things. She gets very exited about the "sea that makes her longing for new adventures", "lovely scent of growing birch leaves enfolding us"and "swallows surging and shrieking in the eternal blue of the Summer night sky", and other such poetic things about early June and the Sea.

The business as usual.










No comments:

Post a Comment